Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Keep on, keeping on...

Well, the appointment went well. I got to leave work early and be accompanied by my husband to the doctor's office. The nurses are always so sweet and I really like the doctors there. There was absolutely no wait and the overall appointment was fairly quick. But, unfortunately the 2.5 mg of Femara didn't do anything for me this cycle. So the plan is to do an ovulation test on Friday/Saturday, just to see if I do happen to ovulate (because as the doctor said, you never know!), and if those are negative, I will start Provera on Sunday (since my cycles are so irregular and waiting for my period to start on it's own could be a long wait!) and take it for 10 days (I've only ever taken it for 5 days before, but the doctor said my lining was pretty thick so she felt 10 days was better). Then I'll take 5 mg of Femara (two of the 2.5 mg a day) and go from there. Hopefully next month we'll have better luck!

I'm not going to lie, I did feel some disappointment, but I know that getting the right dosage amount can take time, and I just have to be patient. But it sure isn't easy all time! :-P

The Relay for Life is this weekend, and I'm excited about going to walk. My mom is a lung cancer survivor, and my dad passed away from lung cancer this past summer. I'm going to make a shirt with a picture of them on it, that says something along the lines of "my dad, an angel in heaven... my mom, a hero on earth" that I can wear to the event. Hopefully it'll turn out the way I want it to. :)

Bedtime for this girl, I'm tired!

- Honeybee

No comments:

Post a Comment