Sunday, July 3, 2011

Don't make me count to 3!

Oops, I missed a day again! My husband and I had a full day and didn't get home until nearly 1 am, that's my excuse. We went to lunch at this Greek restaurant in town with our friend and her son. It was very yummy! I am a picky eater and don't like to branch out, but this was delicious. Will definitely go again. Then we drove up the Eastern Shore of Virginia looking for little shops and such, but we had no luck - none of the stores were open! But we stopped a few places and had fun and drove all the way up to Maryland, had dinner, and then drove home. :) It was a very nice day. And our friend - she is so sweet - she knows that we are struggling with infertility and she presented me with a gift yesterday: a box with 2 pregnancy tests, a book on the development of a baby (with really awesome photographs of the baby in the womb), Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and peppermint foot lotion. :) Wasn't that sweet of her? My husband said he knew the gift was coming, because she wanted to make sure I wouldn't be offended or anything, you know? But I thought it was very, very thoughtful of her, and I am so sad that in just about a month she'll be moving and won't be here with us anymore. :( Oh well, it just means we'll get to make a trip to Georgia in the future! :)


Anyways, we had a fabulous day together, and that's why I didn't get yesterday's blog challenge done. So here it is today... 3 films...

1. Pride and Prejudice. The one with Keira Knightley. I could watch this movie everyday and never tire of it. When my husband is deployed or off hunting or on leave in Ohio I always watch this movie. It's definitely a favorite.

2. Lonesome Dove. One of my favorite books and one of my favorite movies. I love that it stays true to the book for the most part, unlike so many other movies. And I think Robert Duvall does a fabulous job of portraying Gus.

3. In Her Shoes. Love this movie! It's about a relationship between 2 sisters, and it really pulls at your heartstrings. This movie always makes me cry! It might seem kind of slow, but believe me, it's a good one.

Ta-ta for now!

- Honeybee

1 comment:

  1. OMG "In her shoes" is one of my favorite movies of all time! :) That's where I learned one of my now favorite poems "I carry your heart." :)

    ReplyDelete