Friday, July 1, 2011

“A home without books is a body without soul.”

10dpiui today. Only 4 more days til I know for sure. I'm going crazy over here!

On to the blog challenge... 4 books. This is a tough one because I love to read. I own way too many books, but I can't bring myself to part with any of them because I love to re-read my books! I always have a book in my car (actually, I confess I currently have 3 books in my car!) and often carry a book in my purse as well. I don't understand how anybody could not love to read! :) This is only a very very very limited list of books I would recommend to someone.

1. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. Great book! Loved it! Read it! Gus is awesome. :)

2. Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell. A classic! I wish I could go back in time and live on a southern plantation and wear hoop skirts. Ahhh, sounds like bliss!

3. Roses by Leila Meacham. I just read this book, but I loved it! There were so many times that I wanted to shake the characters to hopefully bring some sense into their heads, and it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I read it.

4. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling. Yes, I know how dorky this makes me, but I don't care. I have loved every single book and I re-read them all the time. I really like that last book of the series the best, but I hate that it had to end. :( I swear, that's how you know when you love a book - when you are sad and feel like you've lost part of your family when the book ends!

"The greatest gift is a passion for reading. It is cheap, it consoles, it distracts, it excites, it gives you knowledge of the world and experience of a wide kind. It is a moral illumination." - Elizabeth Hardwick

- Honeybee

1 comment:

  1. Good luck surviving the next few days! You can do it!
    I LOVE Gone With the Wind, too...

    ReplyDelete