Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What feelings sound like...

     “Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.”

Wow, talk about nearly impossible. 2 songs? These are not necessarily my favorite songs, just 2 of the many songs I happen to love...

1. Powder River Home by Chris Ledoux.

"There's a full moon risin' in the prairie sky tonight
Lord it's good to be on my way home.
Over that horizon she keeps the home fires burin' bright
I'm goin' back to my powder river home."



First of all, Chris Ledoux has some amazing music! My husband and I would have loved to have seen him alive (he passed away a few years ago). But this song has a soft place in my heart because my husband likes to play this song when he's on his way home from deployments. And I remember on his most recent deployment, see his FB status change, knowing he was finally on his way home. :)


So yeah... Chris Ledoux is amazing. Definitely recommend checking out his music! And another side note, his song "Look At You Girl" is what my husband and I danced to at our wedding. :)


2. Reckless by Alabama... I just love this song, because it makes me think of a beautiful summer day with your windows rolled down cruising down some country roads. Doesn't get much better than that! :)



There you have it, 2 of my many favorite songs! :)

- Honeybee

No comments:

Post a Comment