Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blah, blah, blah

Ugh I feel crappy today. Woke up with a headache after going to bed much too late and having to wake up much too early for an eyebrow waxing appointment. Stopped at Rite Aid on my way to said appointment and saved nearly 15 bucks using coupons. Yes, I'm a couponer. I have a binder full of coupons - but I'm not "extreme" and I'm not a hoarder. :) haha... Came home from appointment and made breakfast for myself and my husband. Omelet for me, fried eggs and toast for him. I love eggs, but my husband only likes to dip his toast in the yolk. Which I find funny, cause as much as I love eggs, I hate the runny yolk, so we share eggs. He gets the yolk, I get the whites! Works out well. After breakfast my husband watched some television and I started reading my new book (Roses by Leila Meacham) and now you have the summary of my day so far. :) Aren't you glad I filled you in? Quite an exciting life I lead, I know.

Anyways, I've decided to take part in this 10 day challenge that so many blog are going. Mainly because if I do this everyday for the next 10 days we will be at July 4th, and July 5th is when my two weeks are up, so it works out pretty well, if I do say so myself!

Here we go.... 10 secrets. Now, I'm not going to spill my deep dark secrets for all the web to know, so instead I'll share 10 things about myself that you may not know (in other words, I haven't already disclosed this information in any other part of my blog). Only time will tell whether they will be interesting facts or just plain boring.

1. I used to be a nail biter. I would bite them all the time, but somehow, in the past year or so, I've stopped biting them. Not sure why exactly, perhaps I just grew out of it? I sure am happy though, because I like my nails to be longer and more "feminine" looking, that's for sure.

2. Sometimes I get really horrible migraines that make me throw up. They're awful and I hate them with a passion. But the weird part is that I've only ever gotten a migraine on a Sunday morning. I've never had them on any other day. My husband thinks it's because I don't drink enough water on Saturdays, but I don't think that's the reason. Maybe my body is just reacting badly to the fact that it's Sunday and the weekend is nearly over!

3. I am a very hard worker and I take pride in my job and the work that I do. However, that being said, I am not a morning person and I am often late to work because of that. Not anything extravagant - usually anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes. But I always go above and beyond to get my work done, so I figure if an employer fires me for being late, it's their loss more than it is mine. That probably makes it sound like I get fired a lot, but I actually land jobs quickly every time we move, and I end up working there until it's time for us to move again, so apparently my employers don't mind me constantly being late. Well, I take that back... one employer did (I was late twice, once because I got lost and once because my alarm did not go off) but we were moving soon anyways, so it didn't bother me much.

4. I really don't like cats. I love dogs, but cats, not so much. This all stems back to the black cat that my mom had when I was younger. She used to scratch me a lot, so I was afraid of her. My parents had her declawed (she was an indoor cat) so she started biting me instead. When she got out one day and never came home I was secretly happy, because I disliked her so much. To this day cats make me nervous because they seem to be plotting evilness towards me.

5. I was in the delivery room when my best friend gave birth to her first child, a beautiful daughter, because our husbands were deployed to Iraq. It was absolutely amazing, and I feel blessed and so thankful that she allowed me to share that moment with her!

6. My very first car was a Dodge Neon that my mom and dad let me pick out when I was 15. My dad had crashed his van, so when buying a new car they decided to let me pick it out with the knowledge that when I got my drivers license the car would be mine to drive and that when I went off to college, they would put the car in my name. I loved that car and was very sad when we had to sell it before moving to Iceland. I still miss my Neon and really wish we could have kept it!

7. When my brother turned 16, I took him skydiving. Because of our age we had to do static line - which is where you jump out of the plane by yourself but your parachute is essentially connected to the plane and once you are so far away from the plane it opens the chute for you. It was incredibly scary but absolutely amazing, and I will definitely do it again one day.

8. I am paranoid about my doors being locked. I always lock doors behind me, which my husband finds somewhat amusing and somewhat infuriating. But it makes me feel safer, and that's why I do it. I can't fall asleep at night until I know the doors are locked - including the bedroom door.

9. I'm not a big fan of pizza sauce. Well, actually, red sauce. I used to love spaghetti when I was growing up. But shortly after I married I started getting an aversion to red sauce on pizza or pasta. It made me want to throw up. I have become better about eating it, but I still prefer ordering white sauce pizza and I like my pasta plain. Which is something that the husband and I disagree over - he likes to mix the pasta in with the meat and sauce, but I want to keep it separate so that I can control how much (or in my case, how little) sauce is on my pasta.

10. Even though my family always vacationed at Nags Head when I was growing up, and even though we lived near the Pacific Ocean, and now we live near the Atlantic Ocean (when I say near, I mean 5 minutes away) I really am not a beach person at all. I prefer the privacy of a home swimming pool. And I also prefer not having pounds of sand in my hair for weeks. But I still feel guilty for living so close to the ocean but not taking advantage of it!

Alrighty then... 10 facts about me that you never knew before. :) Sure was harder than I thought it would be! Hopefully it wasn't too boring reading about me.

Time for an afternoon nap to hopefully get rid of this headache!

- Honeybee

1 comment:

  1. Love # 5. While stationed in HI (with my ex husband) I too almost had to be the "stand in baby daddy" for the the birth of my friends daughter. Her husband was deployed and I was back up in case her mom didnt arrive in time. Even though she didnt need me, I was still excited at the thought of being needed like that. Especially in that circumstance where a husband is deployed. There is something so sad and so special about it at the same time. Hope your headache went away! :)

    ReplyDelete