Sunday, June 12, 2011

CD8

Yesterday my husband and I took a day trip to beautiful Beaufort, North Carolina with a friend and her adorable blue-eyed boy. It was a gorgeous day for a mini road trip (about 4 hours from where we live) and I enjoyed it very much. On the drive home we talked about all sorts of things. We even briefly talked about our infertility struggle. My husband and I were married 6 years and 11 months ago. :) And we have thoroughly enjoyed our child free life. My desire to have children came years before my husband's desire. Not that either one of us ever doubted that we wanted to have children... We just wanted time to enjoy our life as a two-some before we added any more members to our family. But we both agreed that we wanted more than one child (more like 5, thankyouverymuch!) and we discussed parenting issues that we knew we would face one day to be sure we were prepared for whatever the future holds. It sure is scary to worry that the large family we've dreamt of could be just that - a dream. I just have to try and remember that even though sometimes being 26 feels ancient, I am still young and we have no reason to feel hopeless.

My next appointment is in just a few days. Yesterday was my last dose of Femara. I'm hoping and praying my body will have responded to this course of pills. But, part of me is worried because I just don't "feel" like my body is working.  Like, if my girly parts were kicking into high gear and doing their job I want to think that I would know it... feel it... be sure of it. Does that seem silly? Okay, I know it is. But still, I can't help it! I suppose there is no sense in worrying over it though because I'll obviously have my answer in a few days. And you know I'll be back to share the news!

- Honeybee

No comments:

Post a Comment