Monday, June 27, 2011

"Fear is the highest fence."

I am 6dpiui today. I am very anxious. Anxious for the time that I can test. Anxious to find out if it's negative or positive. Anxious for everything the future holds!

But in the 10 day challenge, I'm on 8 fears... so here goes...

1. Spiders. Nasty, terrifying creatures, aren't they? I depise them and am seriously afraid of them.

2. The possibility of being in a bad accident scares me. For some reason I've always had this fear that being in a bad accident is inevitable, and it really freaks me out. My husband is a very defensive driver and it makes me nervous, even though I know he's a good driver! Thank God I've never been involved in anything worse than minor rear-ends.

3. My house being broken into while I'm home. I always get so paranoid when my husband isn't home because I start imagining that all the noises a house makes are really someone breaking into our home. Sometiems I even create little boobie traps to make myself feel safer.

4. Puking in public. Okay, maybe not as serious as some of the others, but I am so afraid that one day I will have to puke and not be able to make it to a private place first. I've had some close calls, but I'm dreading the day that I don't make it to privacy and end up puking in front of people. How embarrassing would that be?

5. Fair rides. I used to love them. Those crazy spinning rides that make you scream from excitement and make you (nearly) puke.... But since I've gotten older I've become afraid of them. They make me nervous. I start to think about how safe they are, or rather aren't, and it takes a lot for me to actually go on one. And if I do go on one, I figure I used all my luck for that day and don't bother going on a second.

6. I'd be lying if I said I didn't fear a childfree future. Yes, I know we would be fine, but I long to have a child, and it scares me that we might not be able to have biological children, and it frightens me that we might not be able to afford adopting, or that an adoption might fall through and we never get to bring our child home.

7.  Something happening to my brother. My younger brother and I are about 18 months apart and we are very close. We were adopted together, and before we were adopted I took care of him almost exclusively, so it cemented a bond that will never be broken by time or distance. Of course I already feel a need to look out for him, just because I am older, but my brother is also gay, and it terrifies me that some ignorant person who does not understand that being gay does not make you a bad person will harm my brother. I would be beyond devestated if anything ever happened to him.

8. Obviously losing my husband is something that scares me. I know that anything can happen at anytime that could take him from me - and him being in the military and deploying to places like Iraq only adds to that fear. A future of missing him is a terrifying thought!

- Honeybee

No comments:

Post a Comment