Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying...

Well our first IUI has been completed! :) Yay!!

The whole procedure went smoothly. We were there at 8 for Seabee's part, and the actual IUI was at 9:30. Seabee's sperm was great.... they said they like at least 10 million sperm, and at least 50% motility. Seabee had a post wash sperm count of 30 million with 66% motility. My husband was proud of himself. ;) hahaha... The actual IUI was much quicker than I imagined it would be, and not painful in the least bit. And, can I just add that it surprised me that the sperm wash was $120 OOP, but the IUI was $255 OOP. Really? Doesn't it seem weird that the IUI, which took the doctor all of a minute to complete was so much more expensive than the sperm wash? Just seems odd to me! Anyways... I took the whole day off work, so after the procedure we went home and took a nap before going out to do some shopping. :) So now we're in the two week wait... My first ever! I hope I can make it without going crazy!

Now... something I am really nervous about is that our two week wait is over on July 5th. Which just so happens to be exactly one year since my father passed away. It would be amazing to get a positive result that day (but heartbreaking at the same time, since I would give anything to still have my dad here, and knowing that he will never meet his grandchildren is hard to accept), but I think getting a negative would almost be even harder since I'll already be very emotional that day. Of course, I won't be working that day - I requested it off because I know I'll be a mess - so if I did get a negative result, at least I would be able to process it at home and not be a mess at work! I know, no need to get ahead of myself just yet... Whatever happens, happens, and I'll figure it out when it does.

For now, I'll be "wishing and hoping and thinking and praying" that in two weeks I'll have the positive result I've wanted for so long!! :)

- Honeybee

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my blog! I will keep my fingers crossed that your IUI is successful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH! Hope this 2ww turns into a 9mth wait!!! :) Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the 2WW! And what a weird coincidence about July 5th being the day you find out. So very sorry about the loss of your father...so hoping you get good news that day...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that your prices are the opposite of mine. Weird! Good luck during this 2ww!

    ReplyDelete